Pet Food Express is a seeking a high-energy and proactive Retail Recruiting Coordinator for our growing department! Reporting to our Recruiting Manager, you’ll source and identify top candidates for our award-winning stores - don’t take our word for it, check out our Yelp page!
This isn’t your first rodeo, you have years of retail experience and know what it takes to staff a store with a rockstar sales team. You come with experience in juggling several projects without missing a beat, managing high call-volume, remaining organized in a fast-paced environment, and a have a resourceful personality.
What you’ll do:
- Full-cycle recruiting including creatively sourcing a strong pipeline of talent
- Build a strong partnership with the store management team to understand needs and identify store-specific opportunities
- Maintain summary reports of hiring progress for all open positions
- Coordinate new hire onboarding with HR and hiring managers to set up candidates for success before their first day
- Maintain our Applicant Tracking System: adding/removing users, answering questions, oversight, follow-up to ensure correct usage and train users on its features
- Assist with a wide variety of department needs, including supporting internal events
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years of retail experience, including experience in retail management where you screened, interviewed and hired for your store
- Market awareness regarding competitors and candidates
- Professional and concise writing skills
- Excellent phone communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust over the phone and represent PFE to current and potential candidates/customers
- Strong attention to detail and consistent follow-through on tasks
- A customer-service mindset towards store personnel and other internal customers
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking Software and/or demonstrable ability to understand and use multiple software programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google drive
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Enthusiasm, interest in people, excitement for challenges, and fun!
What you’ll love:
- Pay starting at $19/hour DOE
- Management that cares about your professional development
- A fun team that loves potlucks!
- Competitive compensation including sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- A generous employee discount
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park!
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.