Pet Food Express is currently looking for a reliable IT Technician with a strong sense of urgency to join our Help Desk team! Reporting to the Help Desk Supervisor, the IT Technician is an entry-level role that works with both our stores and corporate office to solve their IT issues with the same PFE signature service that our customers rave about. If you're unsure if you qualify, but you love helping people, solving problems, and have an interest in computers, just apply. We value potential over experience.
What you’ll do:
- Provide customer support and technical issue resolution to problems with point of sale (POS) hardware, desktop hardware, applications, software, printers, and phones
- Assist in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of corporate and store hardware, customer equipment, and software, including a routine maintenance schedule for the stores
- Provide basic level training to internal customers for hardware and software systems
- Obtain and maintain a general understanding of OS and applications
- Create new Active Directory user accounts using company-provided software tools
- Report network outages and other critical processes to the company
- Test backup/restore strategies in accordance with IT policy
What you’ll need:
- Experience using Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Server OS, Exchange, and Active Directory
- Familiar with the setup of internet browsers including, but not limited to, Internet Explorer and Chrome
- Ability to diagnose/repair/replace common PC hardware components
- Experience working independently and as part of a team to provide excellent service
- Ability to be self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills are highly desirable
- Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Flexible work schedule (i.e. afternoons, evenings, weekends)
- Some college is preferred
- IT experience is a plus, but not required!
What you’ll love:
- Pay starting at $18/hour
- Flexible work schedule
- Senior leaders who care about your passion and development
- A generous employee discount
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park
About the Company
We at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Led by Mark and Michael since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find we have been a “Top Bay Area Workplace” for 8 years running!
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.