Pet Food Express is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant who is extremely accurate, detail-oriented, professional and not afraid to ask questions. Reporting to our Assistant Controller, the AP Assistant is the gatekeeper of all incoming digital invoices and the liaison between AP and all departments, excellent customer service is key. We’re looking for someone who’s able to work independently, without hesitating to let others know when something is not done correctly, has a curiosity for problem-solving and streamlining processes, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Track and manage all incoming digital invoices
- Process employee expense reimbursement forms to payroll, ensuring that the Company Travel Policy is applicable and appropriate approvals were made
- Review, obtain receipts and code Credit Card Purchases
- Review and analyze invoices of amounts owed by PFE for specific vendors, ensuring compliance with AP internal controls, policies and procedures
- Review vendor statements for missing invoices
- Research and resolve AP issues with external vendors and company personnel with tact and diplomacy, representing PFE with the same service store employees give to our customers
- Month-end processing
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years of AP/AR experience
- A record of being highly reliable and able to work without close supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized and have meticulous attention to detail
- 10-key by touch and exceptional math aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet firm deadlines
- PC proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Outlook and capable of learning new software
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Motivated to be cross-trained in different functions of Accounting, ask questions to understand the bigger picture, and suggest solutions to solve problems
- An Accounting degree or equivalent experience
What you’ll love:
- Managers who cares about your professional development
- A fun department who loves celebrating with potlucks and a pet-friendly office!
- A generous employee store discount
- Competitive pay including sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades-long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.