We are looking for an organized and reliable Accounting Assistant! Reporting to the Accounting Operations Manager, the Accounting Assistant will support all functions of the Accounting Department. The ideal Accounting Assistant thinks about other's needs and accurately perform detailed work. If you can juggle many tasks, all without getting flustered or missing a beat, then you might be the Accounting Assistant we are looking for!
What you’ll do:
- Data entry, filing, scanning documents, and some Accounts Payable duties
- Support the team for weekly check runs
- Assist with general accounting office needs: sorting, matching, distributing interdepartmental mail and completing miscellaneous projects
- Assist with the storage management of accounting records
- Receive cross-training in other functions of the Accounting department
What you’ll need:
- Data entry experience or experience in accounting preferred
- Strong computer skills/aptitude, advanced excel skills and experience using 10 key are a plus
- Ability to be precise and accurate with a sense of urgency
- Time management, ability to work efficiently and reliably meet deadlines
- Communication skills and a professional presence
- Aptitude to learn tasks and processes quickly, retain them well, and learn from experience
- Ability to focus and remain composed, even when things around you are hectic.
- Satisfaction from being thorough, following tasks through to their logical completion, and making things accurate and in balance
- A love of problem-solving/puzzles
- Organizational skills and ability to be routine-oriented
- Team player attitude who readily gives and accepts help as needed
- Ability and willingness to lift loads up to 25 lbs.
- College graduates seeking entry-level employment are welcome to apply
Starting pay: $16.50/hour
What you’ll love:
- A collaborative team that makes an impact and loves potlucks
- Management that cares about your professional development
- Generous store discount for employees and family members in all our 62 stores
- Competitive pay including vacation, holiday, and sick pay
- A pet friendly work environment with an outdoor dog park!
- Health insurance, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
About the Company
We at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Led by Mark and Michael since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find we have been a “Top Bay Area Workplace” for 8 years running!
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.