We’re seeking a Store Manager, but don’t be fooled by the job title. While traditional back-office management is part of your job, it’s so much more than that. We place a lot of belief in our leaders to exemplify our core values and to instill the same beliefs in our store team. That means allowing them to make mistakes, take chances and initiative—so they can learn, grow, and produce results.
PFE’s success comes from the trusting relationships we build with customers. They come to us for expert advice, and we deliver it with skill and heart. The biggest part of your job will be training and empowering your employees to get the whole story so they can help customers find the best solution for their pet problems. Because in the end, our long-term success isn’t about transactions—it’s about building meaningful relationships to help customers maximize life with their pets.
What you’ll do:
• Hire and coach new employees, and be a true mentor to the team you lead.
• Create lifetime customers by empowering all employees to build meaningful relationships to help customers maximize life with their pets
• Foster a collaborative team-environment--whether it’s cleaning a dirty pet wash or pitching in on a floor reset, our store managers are never afraid to lead by example or roll up their sleeves
• Cultivate a positive and supportive store environment where employees are excited to come to work
• Scheduling, store ops., and other back-office stuff
What you’ll need:
• Team-oriented leadership experience, preferably in retail of the service industry
• A strong preference for spending time with your team and customers rather than in the back office
• An eagerness to learn, drive and ambition. We’re growing at 10% a year, so we need people who can grow with us.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends regularly
• Previous animal-related experience is nice to have, but we won’t hold it against you—it’s never too late to start loving pets
What you’ll love:
• Senior leaders who care about your passion and development
• Formal leadership training
• A generous employee discount
• Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay
• Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits--even pet insurance!*
• Community volunteer opportunities
• Bring your well-behaved dog to work
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decade’s long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.