We are seeking a high-energy Payroll/Benefits Manager with solid experience in all aspects of payroll and benefits, from hands on processing through analysis and reconciliation in a high volume, multi-location environment. Reporting to the HR Director and managing a staff of two, this position plays a critical role in assuring the smooth and accurate delivery of our most essential employee services.
If you have strong analytical skills, focus on deadlines and details, and passionate sense of customer service, combined with a roll up your sleeves spirit, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Payroll Management
- Oversee and process payroll in a timely and accurately manner
- Process mass uploads and changes
- Assure compliance with policies and regulations
- Benefits Management
- Confirm/reconcile enrollments to payroll deductions
- Process and reconcile benefits invoices
- Coordinate with team members for effective communication with employees
- Assure timely and accurate enrollments, deposits and other transactions
- Support a successful annual audit
- HRIS and Reporting
- Utilize strong analytical skills to provide reporting and presentations to support decision making
- Participate in testing/readiness for HRIS upgrades
- Prepare analyses and scenarios for compensation plans as needed
- Monitor compensation and bonus plans for compliance
- Employee/Management Services
- Oversee the HR Help Desk feature
- Respond to and resolve various employee and manager concerns, working with the HR team
What you'll bring:
- Excellent payroll processing skills in a high volume environment and solid knowledge of payroll best practices, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Extensive knowledge of payroll/HR systems. Ceridian/Dayforce experience strongly preferred
- Solid benefits management experience, including reconciliation and deduction analysis
- Exceptional Excel skills, experience developing complex analyses with VLookup, pivot tables and/or macros as needed
- Previous experience in managing/analyzing compensation and bonus plans
- A positive and proactive attitude with a willingness to roll up the sleeves and get the job done. High standard for ethics and self-motivation. Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and desire to have a positive impact on organization
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills, with the ability to organize processes and projects, and a track record of developing successful teams. Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, required
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPP and/or SHRM certification preferred
What you'll love:
- A small, collaborative team that makes an impact and loves potlucks
- Management that cares about your professional development
- Generous store discount for employees and family members in all our 62 stores
- Competitive pay including vacation, holiday, and sick pay
- A pet friendly work environment with an outdoor dog park!
- Health insurance, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
About the Company
We at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Led by Mark and Michael since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find we have been a “Top Bay Area Workplace” for 8 years running!
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.