We are looking for a motivated and tech-savvy maintenance technician who communicates well, can solve problems, and goes above and beyond to provide excellent service to our stores. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will provide maintenance service to our Pet Food Express retail store locations in the bay area. You will be on the road a lot, so a good driving record is required.
What you'll do:
- Prioritize and perform a wide variety of inspection, repairs, and maintenance duties across our 50 bay area stores, while providing solutions to problems in the most efficient manner
- Manage work orders to completion
- Service Pet Wash equipment
- Support the Facilities department with construction and special projects
What you'll have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in building maintenance or trade desirable
- Ability to work nights and weekends on-call
- Great communication and customer service skills are integral when communicating with our various store locations trying to understand and solve their facility problems
- Ability to work independently
- Strong plumbing skills coupled with good electrical and handyman type skills essential
- Strong ability to use computers, smartphones, and mobile devices to communicate, manage work, and do research; tech-savvy preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience using CMMS or business integration software a plus
- Minimum of a high school diploma required, college or trade school desirable
- Your own set of basic tools for day to day maintenance
- Good driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. and physical ability to perform required job duties
What you’ll love:
- A generous employee discount
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades-long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.