Pet Food Express is looking for an experienced and adaptable Retail Construction Project Manager to support our Facilities team with the construction of new stores, store renovations, and strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Sr. Construction Manager, the Retail Construction Project Manager will play a pivotal role in executing strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and time management in order to accomplish complex projects.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate new store development and remodels. Ensure quality workmanship per Pet Food Express’ plans/specifications and that regional/national standards are met
- Perform on-site inspections of new store sites and buildings to ensure usability and compliance with lease and construction exhibits and Pet Food Express’ plans and specifications
- Direct all phases of construction project management including due diligence, schedule and budget development, planning and design, FF&E procurement and store move coordination all while sticking to the approved project budgets and schedules
- Supervise and perform all aspects of construction administration including negotiating contracts, change orders, project schedules, purchase order management, invoicing and project closeout documentation. Maintain excellent records and documentation of costs.
- Communicate and follow-up with store leadership, various departments, and owner vendors regarding store changes
- Act as point of contact for stores during the construction process and promote safety at construction sites
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 5 years construction experience, familiar with new store development, remodels, leasing, store fixtures, planning, basic store operations and merchandising
- Experience preparing construction budgets, tracking actual costs, and reading plans, and negotiating construction exhibits
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout California with flexibility to work different hours-including early morning and late night work
- Proficient in computer estimating, scheduling, database applications
- Ability to effectively organize and handle multiple projects while retaining attention to detail
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills and collaborative in a team environment
- Ability to work with design consultants to facilitate development and construction drawings in an effective and timely manner
- Sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural/Engineering, Construction Management, or construction-related fields preferred
- Project Management Certification is a plus
What you’ll love:
- A collaborative team that makes an impact
- A management team that cares about your professional development
- A generous store discount for employees and family members
- Competitive pay including vacation, holiday and sick pay
- A pet-friendly work environment
- Health insurance, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.