Are you an expert on safety and accident reporting? Do you have awesome customer service skills and a knack for communicating policies, programs, and systems with enthusiasm? Pet Food Express is looking for someone to become a company-wide resource for safety issues. Reporting to our Human Resources Director and partnering with our 60+ stores, warehouse, and corporate departments, the Safety Coordinator conducts on-going safety training and safety inspections to promote a consistently safe environment for both employees and customers.
Our commitment to a great customer experience extends even to accidents. When a customer is involved in an accident, we always get in touch, hear their concerns, and see if there is anything more we can do. Your compassion for others, commitment to service, and empathetic communication style will be great assets in this essential role.
What you'll do:
- Proactively follow up on all accident reports to investigate possible causes and to recommend steps to avoid future accidents.
- Maintain OSHA reporting database and postings.
- Contact customers/visitors following any accidents to make sure their concerns are heard, answer questions, and to follow up as needed, in an empathetic and responsive manner.
- Ensure workplace conditions comply with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate occupational safety and health standards. and proactively identify and fix safety issues
- Train new employees on the company’s safety and security requirements, policies, and best practices.
- Conduct routine safety and security inspections of all locations to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and safety of company personnel and assets.
- Maintain the company’s readiness for emergency planning and response, including regular reviews and training
- Partner with PFE’s Workers Compensation Administrator to perform quarterly trend analysis, reviewing accident reports and develop training plans to reduce injury rates
- Administrate company drug and alcohol test program and awareness training in accordance with applicable requirements
What you'll need:
- Experience providing safety training, implementing safety initiatives, and promoting a safe culture.
- An Associate’s degree or relevant experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, for interacting with customers and store employees, i.e. calm, professional, and empathetic to all levels of management, employees, customers, and vendors.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills with people at all levels and in all functions.
- Previous experience delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Strong detail orientation; systematic and thorough approach to problem solving; and good time management, organizational, and recordkeeping skills
What you’ll love:
- A small, collaborative team that makes an impact
- A management team that cares about your professional development
- A generous store discount for employees and family members
- Competitive pay including vacation, holiday, and sick pay
- A pet friendly work environment
- Health insurance, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.