Reporting to the Warehouse Operations Manager, the Receiving Office Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of running an efficient receiving operation including, but not limited to: managing inbound receipts of all merchandising PO’s, auditing PO’s as needed for discrepancies, ensuring all SKUs are properly managed in the WMS, ensuring aged product rotation (FIFO), managing/maintaining DC configuration, and managing an office staff of 3 to 4 associates.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the receiving office staff of 3 or 4 associates and run performance evaluations
- Maintain and create Stock Definitions for products in AS400 / New Tecsys WMS
- Move product to and from locations within warehouse and maintain warehouse configuration
- Audit discrepancies within PO’s
- Product rotation (FIFO)
- Create and maintain various Excel spreadsheets to track receiving productivity
- Partner with merchants, buyers, store operations to provide supply chain support
- Ensure smooth product flow
- Take steps to increase accuracy and safety
What you’ll need:
- Proven leadership abilities, with strong motivational and team-building skills. One or more years of applicable supervisory experience.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, and time management expertise
- A strong logical, quantitative, and analytical orientation
- The ability to balance details, quick decision-making, and quality control while maintaining a strong management presence
- A proven record of personal accountability, honest and thorough communication (verbal and written) and a strong drive to complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- A history of commitment to personal growth, teamwork, development, and company loyalty, and the desire to teach the same to others.
- Intermediate - strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Understanding of inventory control
- College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Able to work Monday – Friday, 6-3:30PM, and some weekends as needed.
What you’ll love:
- A management team that cares about your professional development
- A generous store discount for employees and family members
- Competitive pay including vacation, holiday, and sick pay
- Health insurance, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.