Are you an experienced Fixture Installer who also has the finish carpentry skills necessary to complete small construction projects? Pet Food Express is hiring a hands-on Retail Fixture Installer/Carpenter that can work independently and also direct others. The Lead Fixuture Installer is responsible new store fixture and signage installations as well as various small construction/remodel projects for our stores throughout California.
What you’ll do:
- Lead fixture installations for both new and existing store remodels and maintain schedules to ensure deadlines are met
- Installation of Lozier pallet-racking and gondola fixtures and interior signage
- Execution of small scaled construction projects requiring basic carpentry skills
- Direct people in the field to ensure all projects are complete with timeliness and quality standards
- Coordinate with Construction, Facilities, and Real Estate to ensure fixture installation is completed
- Schedules installation phases and days with stores and projects partners
- Administrative duties such as, completing and submitting (web-based) accurate and timely reports, recaps, timesheets, expense reports, monthly forecast etc.
- Interact with vendors and team members in an efficient, professional manner
What you'll bring:
- Valid Driver's License and be able to drive a 24’ Bobtail with a gross vehicle weight rating of 25,000 pounds
- Flexibility to travel within California for up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Willingness to work both overnight and day shifts
- Ability to complete labor intensive duties for 8+ hour shifts in the field
- Possess skills to complete carpentry projects requiring the use of tools
- Candidate should own his/her own basic tools
- Knowledge, understanding and accurate application of fixture installation and merchandising processes.
- General knowledge of various types of equipment including forklifts, electric pallet jacks, and gondola movers
- Ability to multi-task while interpreting a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years applicable experience preferred
- Ability to pull, push and lift materials up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to go above and beyond to get the job done with little or no supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
What you’ll love:
- Competitive salary plus vacation, holiday and sick pay
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) Plan match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- A generous discount for employees and immediate family
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.