Do you love building relationships? Are you able to juggle phone interviews, coordinate events, and create reports? If so, you might be the fun, insightful, and organized HR Recruiting Assistant we’re looking for. Reporting to our Recruiter, you would spend about half of your time completing phone interviews for store employees, making hiring recommendations, and facilitating the offer process for stores, warehouse, and corporate positions. Additionally, this position assists with a wide variety of Recruiting and HR functions to ensure an exemplary candidate and employee experience.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct phone interviews and coordinate the offer process for store, warehouse, and corporate positions; create weekly reports on the hiring progress across stores and open positions
- Assist with application screening and interview coordination for store and warehouse positions
- First-level Applicant Tracking System administration: adding/removing users, answering questions, oversight and follow-up to ensure correct usage
- Coordinate logistics for monthly new hire training at corporate office
- Assist with a wide variety of HR tasks and responsibilities dictated by department needs, including filing, data entry, reception back-up, and run errands related to various events/meetings (valid driver's license is required.)
What you'll bring:
- At least 1 year of entry level Recruiting experience
- Previous experience in HR and/or an HR degree is a plus
- Professional and concise written communication skills
- Strong phone communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust over the phone and represent the company to current and potential candidates and customers
- Strong attention to detail and consistent follow-through on tasks
- A customer-service mindset towards store personnel and other internal customers
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking Software and/or demonstrable ability to understand and use multiple software programs.
- Enthusiasm, interest in people, excitement for challenges, and fun!
What you’ll love:
- A generous employee discount
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.