Pet Food Express is looking for a diligent, highly organized, and enthusiastic HR Recruiting Assistant to support our Recruiting team in offering the signature PFE customer-service to our internal and external candidates. Reporting to the Recruiter, you’ll be part of a Recruiting team that consists of one other HR Recruiting Assistant and as the face of Pet Food Express to candidates, you’ll bring a welcoming and excited attitude to make it a seamless transition for candidates to become PFE employees. The ideal candidate has experience juggling several projects without missing a beat, managing high call-volume, administrative support, and a resourceful personality.
What you’ll do:
- Screen candidates, conduct phone interviews, and schedule in-person interviews for store and warehouse positions. Maintain summary reports on the hiring progress for all open positions
- Coordinate new hire onboarding working with HR and hiring managers to set up candidates in the HR system before their first day
- Act as the first-level Applicant Tracking System (ATS) administrator: adding/removing users, answering questions, oversight and follow-up to ensure correct usage
- Manage, answer questions, and complete requests e-mailed to Recruiting’s shared inbox
- Assist with a wide variety of Recruiting and HR tasks and responsibilities dictated by department needs, including: ensure compliance with Workability programs, coordinating hiring events, filing, data entry, reception back-up, and running errands related to various events/meetings
What you'll bring:
- 1 year of entry level Recruiting experience
- Previous experience in HR and/or an HR degree is a plus
- Professional and concise written communication skills
- Strong phone communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust over the phone and represent the company to current and potential candidates and customers
- Strong attention to detail and consistent follow-through on tasks
- A customer-service mindset towards store personnel and other internal customers
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking Software and/or demonstrable ability to understand and use multiple software programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google drive
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Enthusiasm, interest in people, excitement for challenges, and fun!
What you’ll love:
- A generous employee discount
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.