Pet Food Express is a seeking a high-energy and proactive Retail Recruiter to support our Recruiting team in sourcing and identifying top candidates for our award winning stores. Reporting to the Recruiter, the Retail Recruiter will be the face of Pet Food Express to candidates and bring a welcoming and enthusiastic attitude to make it a seamless transition for candidates to become PFE employees. The ideal candidate has experience juggling several projects without missing a beat, managing high call-volume, remaining organized in a fast-paced environment, and a resourceful personality.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a strong pipeline of qualified candidates meeting PFE’s requirements
- Screen candidates, conduct phone interviews, and schedule in-person interviews for store and warehouse positions. Maintain summary reports on the hiring progress for all open positions
- Coordinate new hire onboarding working with HR and hiring managers to set up candidates in the HR system before their first day
- Utilize our Applicant Tracking System: adding/removing users, answering questions, oversight, and follow-up to ensure correct usage
- Interact regularly, via phone, email, and ATS to respond to the needs of our hiring managers and candidates
- Assist with a wide variety of department needs, including supporting internal events and onboarding
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years of Recruiting experience, preferably in retail
- Market awareness regarding competitors and candidate availability
- Professional and concise written communication skills
- Excellent phone communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust over the phone and represent the company to current and potential candidates and customers
- Strong attention to detail and consistent follow-through on tasks
- A customer-service mindset towards store personnel and other internal customers
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking Software and/or demonstrable ability to understand and use multiple software programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google drive
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Enthusiasm, interest in people, excitement for challenges, and fun!
- Retail management experience is a plus – if you’ve done retail management, you’ll better understand hiring needs
What you’ll love:
- Competitive compensation including sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- A generous employee discount
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park
About the Company
One of Business Insider Magazine’s “25 companies that are revolutionizing retail,” we at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to our national industry awards, you’ll find us and our founders on lists like the National Retail Federation’s “People Changing Retail’s Future” (‘15) and “Top Bay Area Workplaces” (7 years running).
You love pets, so do we. Join us.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.